Home Repair Program
The application window for Holston Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair program is now closed and applications are no longer available for distribution. Dates for upcoming Home Repair Program application windows will be announced on our website and via social media at least one month in advance of the opening date. If you are in immediate need of assistance with home repairs please contact the First Tennessee Development District at 423-928-0224 to see if you may qualify for one of their programs.
We help homeowners with limited financial resources restore and maintain the exteriors of their homes by providing opportunities for affordable home repairs. Repairs completed by Holston Habitat impact the health and safety of residents and/or the preservation of the home. All home repairs are led by trained crew leaders and completed by volunteers. Examples of qualifying home repairs may include:
- Exterior painting
- Porch and deck repairs
- Installation of disability ramps
- Exterior carpentry
- Roofing repairs
- Siding and guttering repairs
Affordable Loan Repayment
We are committed to providing housing solutions that are affordable. To build a spirit of partnership and sustainability, our repair program features modest repayment requirements.
Repairs are repaid according to their value with a 0% interest loan through Holston Habitat for Humanity. Homeowners are required to pay 50% of the projected total cost for the project. (Total cost of project not to exceed $5,000.) A $50 down payment is required prior to the beginning of the repair.
All repayment funds are recycled and used to assist future homeowners in need of repairs.
Criteria for Selection
Qualifying homeowners must meet the following criteria, in addition to submitting a completed application packet and a $25 application fee:
- Must meet the income guidelines. Click here to view the income guideline chart.
- Must meet criteria for satisfactory credit review (not based on credit score)
- Must demonstrate ability and willingness to repay a portion of the home repair costs through an affordable, 0% interest loan
- Must be willing to contribute volunteer sweat equity hours, if physically able
- Property needing repairs must be in Sullivan, Carter or Washington counties in Tennessee or the city of Bristol, Virginia
- Homes must be single-family or manufactured homes (duplexes, apartment buildings, town homes, condos, etc. are NOT eligible)
- Homes must be owner-occupied and serve as the owner's primary residence
- Owners of multiple real estate properties are NOT eligible
- Homeowners must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Legal Residents